Sea Moss Quick Facts
Sea Moss, more formally known as Irish Sea Moss is part of the Chondrus Crispus species and is a form of red algae found in the ocean. It is often stated that Sea Moss contains 92 of the 102 minerals that is needed to replenish the body. Sea Moss has the ability to help stimulate proper thyroid function, boost the immune system, and improve digestion. Due to these claims, sea moss gained it's super food status.
There are 2 different types of sea moss, purple and gold. We carry only premium wildcrafted gold sea moss with all the essential minerals needed for the body. Gold sea moss has less of the "sea taste" than the purple, is harder to harvest, very scarce and is said to have more nutrients than purple.
Purple sea moss is purple due to anthocyanin-which is a flavonoid (plant metabolite). Anthocyanin is what gives plants their rich color like; red, purple and blue.
Sea Moss FAQs
What are the benefits of the superfood sea moss?
- Improves Mood: Sea Moss is a natural anti-depressant due its high potassium levels (8x more than a banana). Potassium is especially good for our mental health because it helps activate and regulate serotonin in our brain that lovely chemical that makes us feel good and positive. Those who take daily have reported a decline or elimination of anxiety and depression as well as no longer need of antidepressant pills.
- Promotes Health Skin: Sea Moss is nourishing to the skin due to its higher mineral content. It works both from the inside out and topically and is especially good for skin issues like eczema, sunburns, rashes, and psoriasis. As well as drinking the gel you can massage it directly into your skin. It also makes for a lush face mask.
- Strong Bones: Sea Moss is an effective natural anti-inflammatory super-rich in sulfur-based amino acids, sulfur helps to reduce swelling for sports injuries or ailments affecting the knees, ankles and other joints of the body while shielding the joints against inflammation that leads to joint problems like arthritis. Many professional athletes report taking sea moss on a daily basis.
- Natural Energy Booster: No more caffeine! Iron is another BIG mineral under the Sea Moss belt, it is perfect for those suffering from fatigue, anemia, bad concentration, and restlessness.
- Benefits for Women: Sea Moss also contains more iodine and selenium minerals than any other food on earth! This is good for balancing hormone levels and healing thyroid disorders such as fertility issues, fibroids, and menstrual cramps and regulation.
- Benefits for Men: Sea Moss is also rich zinc which helps boost testosterone, making it a go-to natural aphrodisiac, ideal for improving your sexual performance and, helps to increase sperm count and motility. In Jamaica it's commonly referred to as nature's Viagra.
What are the ingredients in your Sea Moss gel?
Authentic wildcrafted sea moss, spring water, and limes.
What are the different ways to consume sea moss?
Sea moss can be used as a substitute for other nutrient-dense greens in recipe. You can easily incorporate sea moss in food. You can use sea moss in your smoothies, perfect for raw dessert recipes such as raw cheesecakes, whipped cream, mousse, non-dairy ice cream, sauces, dressings, jams, and puddings. It can be used in herbal teas and juices. Some people eat it raw with salads after re-hydrating and washing well. You can even add it when you bath for good mineral healing and hydrating treatment.
Which is more effective, the gel or capsules?
They both are equally as effective. We offer both for customer preference.
How long is sea moss good for in every form?
Sea moss gel can last up to 4 weeks when refrigerated. When frozen, the sea moss gel can last up to 90 days. Capsules are good for up to a year.
How does sea moss taste?
Sea moss has very little taste. As long as you wash the sea moss thoroughly, soak it with key lime and wash it again the sea moss should pretty much be a blank canvas in terms of taste and smell ready to add to your delicious recipes.
How much and when do I need to take my sea moss?
We recommend taking 1 to 2 teaspoons a day. For capsules, take 1-2 in the morning before breakfast, as sea moss may increase your energy level. You can increase in time with taking 2-4 capsules a day.
How long before I start to see and feel results of taking sea moss?
It usually takes a few days. We highly recommend a plant based diet while taking sea moss to maximize the benefits.
Does sea moss interact with other medications?
Please consult your physician. We are not medical doctors and cannot advise on this subject matter.
Is sea moss safe during pregnancy?
Please consult your physician. Although, we are not able to provide advice on this subject matter, there are some holistic mothers who use sea moss throughout their pregnancy.